Friday 7 May 2010

Plaster board and quilts!


What a day I have had, well the week really. Working on this large quilt is surely a learning curve. I have bought a plaster board to help me view and work on this large piece of fabric in a verticle position rather than on the floor. It is not easy reaching the top of it being a little on the short side myself. This new and elaborate arrangement has meant that I have been carrying it everywhere, into the house, then the studio and the garden, like a huge portfolio. When the weather was great I had it leaned up against my studio and balancing on a box (see Photo). Then it got a bit colder and grey and everything was moved indoors. This meant that my studio was even more cramped than usual (because it needs tiding again and the board is massive). I managed to do a bit of painting and some sewing on it and feel better about it than I did last week. While taking photos of my work and the plaster board's journey, I realised that my garden was looking quite summery too, so I stopped and photograhed it to share with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger AeFondKis said...

Sandra your quilt looks very striking and is emerging from all that work! Like the design and colours. Your studio looks great...there never is enough room for things and it always overflows in my work area as well1
Linda

8 May 2010 at 07:31  
Blogger Gina said...

It is amazing! I didn't realise it was so big. I went to the Chris Ofili exhibition this week and his large portraits reminded me of your work.

8 May 2010 at 12:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home