Wednesday 25 August 2010

Festival of Quilts was great for Girl Behind The Mask

On Sunday I went to see my Quilt Girl Behind The Mask at the Festival of Quilts NEC in Birmingham. I was very close to missing it but my friend Margaret came to the rescue and we went together. Our daughters Melissa and Shakira joined us as well to collect information for their GCSE Art course. They wandered off without us to explore and take photos on their own, while Margaret and I drifted around losing each other now and again. It was a wonderful event and of course I spent too much, but art materials will never go to waste, books are good for reference and gadgets are fun to try out.
The work was fantastic and I was excited to see my work in the spacious surroundings, it was refreshing to listen to comments made about my work without those who were making the comments knowing that I was present. That was of course until Mel decided that she had to take a photo of me in front of the quilt.
It was wonderful to have a good close up look at the many fantastic quilts done mostly by proper quilters, with the added advantage of seeing other artist demonstrating their work. I am now anxious and inspired to make more quilts, even better than the last one.
I must admit here that a few weeks ago I had a little bit of a mid life crisis. I shaved part of my head, this has caused my husband a bit of concern but it has liberated me, I am trying to become less inhibited, he is worried and wondering what will be next. He makes me laugh. I like it but I can tell he loves it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Well done on the quilt... I'm intrigued by what you have done to your head?

26 August 2010 at 08:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home