Monday 31 May 2010

Anniversaries and Celebrations


Yesterday Dave and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We have had a house full of our children, their mates and little Ava our granddaughter. We now have a pop up tent in the living room, clothes, shoes and toys everywhere, books, photos and flowers. It is wonderful to have them around as it makes the event even more special.

When we were married 23 years ago, we would never have imagined that our journey together would have been like this. It has been full, overflowing with memorable times. It hardly seems that so much time has passed and that we too have changed and yet it sometimes feels like not much time has passed. How is that possible? As our children get older we too are ageing and that is a scary thought.

Dave has the ability to make me laugh and that is one of the many attractive things about him, when telling others about our anniversary he always tells the same old jokes, like " some criminals get less time for life in prison" and "I had hair when I married San she made me lose it all." I know he is joking and it does make me laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Both very special people.

31 May 2010 at 13:10  
Blogger Amelia said...

oh lovely, I hope I can look back at a time like this (although I am not married! - oooops better get going!)

I look forward to a time when I can enjoy the kids more than worry about them!!!! (if ever!!)

Thank you for your lovely, supportive comment on my blog - means such a lot to me!

Amelia.xx

1 June 2010 at 09:58  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home