Wednesday 21 July 2010

Girl Behind the Mask is Finished

I have finally finished my quilt and I am in the process of having it photographed before sending it off to the Festival of Quilts competition. What a relief ! I have learnt quite a lot about quilting and myself. It has been an emotional roller coaster and I am glad I went for the ride. I know now that when I decide to attempt another quilt it will certainly be a lot easier. My Bernina has been a very reliable friend.


In addition to finishing my quilt, I have put up and taken down an exhibition of work done by children I teach. I have also this week been working with textile artist Ricky Outis to develop designs for costumes which will be made during the summer as part of a arts project for children. This was great fun and a welcomed break from the quilt, we had a good laugh together.

http://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/HDCCMS/Documents/Arts%20documents/Art%20Attack%20Summer%20School%20August%202010.pdf



Of course quite a lot has been sacrificed because I chose to spend my time in the studio, now there is lots of catching up to do.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

So pleased to hear you have finished the quilt and so looking forward to seeing it... and you, very soon!

21 July 2010 at 13:22  
Blogger Threads of Inspiration said...

Good luck in the quilt competition!

21 July 2010 at 16:14  
Blogger Amelia said...

hi there,

thanks so much for visiting. My mum too, has just sent off her quilt entry for the Festival of Quilts. I am hoping to get down there this year to see it. How great, well done! having just done a quilt (small I know) I now understand how much work goes in to them, it is quite astonishing!!

Good luck with that and your other projects too,

Amelia.x

21 July 2010 at 21:57  
Blogger Diana said...

Sandra, it is very nice to meet you. I love your art and wanted to introduce myself. I was sent over by Black Threads and happy that I came over to your site. Congratulations on your entry to Festival of Quilts. I look forward to seeing your quilt.

Amelia, congrats to your mum, too.

Diana Bracy
www.dianabracy.com

29 July 2010 at 21:32  
Blogger Karoda said...

Hi Sandra, I've been reading your blog now for a few weeks/months but didn't know you had finished that fascinating quilt until I read it at Kyra's blog. Congratulations on the completion and for the showing in FoQ. Will you be attending the festival?

30 July 2010 at 20:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home