Wednesday 8 September 2010

Summer is gone



I discovered an old canvas recently which had a sketched Masai girl image onto it. It was the second of two canvas pieces which I started about two years ago. The first was titled Masai girl in green and was commissioned by a friend of the family and can be seen in the following image.

For the past few days I have been working on this second canvas trying to make it as different as possible from the first one. I am using line and pattern to disguise the image of the girl, with my main colour as blue. I have been looking at the artist Hundertwasser and using his style as inspiration.

I am not as happy with it's progress at the moment but the great thing about being an artist is the challenge of solving a problem - when a problem presents itself you have to fix it. The photo above was taken Last night and at an odd angle, I apologise.
Today I worked on it a bit more and well I am not sure what is happening. I have a long way to go with it and will show it's progress. I find it exciting working in a range of media and I am sure this canvas will lead onto a version in fabric.



Tomorrow I am off for the weekend with a group of mums, we call ourselves "The Glum (Glam) Mums. We are going to the peak district for a break from the family, to do some climbing, and most of all have some fun (WOOPEE!), this is an annual event and each year afterwards I pledge to be fitter for the following year, and I never am. I have all the gear and look the part but I am not fit at all, I know that on Sunday when I return I will be hobbling and in pain for a few days but the fun and laughter is worth it. I hope the weather is not too foggy wet or cold.

2 Comments:

Blogger yetunde said...

step away for a while and come back. that always works for me.

13 September 2010 at 15:51  
Blogger Delia (Del) said...

Love the blue one.

30 October 2010 at 08:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home