Tuesday 30 November 2010

Embroidered Boxes

For the past few days I have been making a textile box which was commissioned by a friend. I was asked to create a special box which looked exotic to be given as a gift, it did not need to have a purpose and should mainly be decorative. After showing my selection of fabrics (very small selection) a lovely blue metallic furnishing fabric was chosen, I got out my book Embroidered Boxes by Janet Edmonds which I had bought a few years back and followed her steps changing things ever so slightly.

I have really enjoyed using odd embellishments which I had collected over the years like the beads and the shisha mirrors and thought the end result was satisfactory. I enjoyed it so much that I will make another one just for the sake of it, it was quick and fun.



1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I've had that book for so long and have never made something from it but feel inspired having seen your beautiful blue box. Perhaps we should make boxes for our second craft get together? (I'm very excited about our first one)

30 November 2010 at 21:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home