Friday, 4 December 2009
Working on this piece of work has been very slow. I am finding that the changes made to my original drawing have at times left me feeling as though there are two or more pieces comming from it. My children (Mel and Lena) thought that the chin on the original protruded too much, so I changed it. This meant that the facial features have also changed. He has evolved into another man.
My creation of the Painted Man has been achieved with the help of some machine felting and free machine embroidery on the hair/headress. I have added additional pieces of printed metallic fabric to emphasise the shapes formed between the lines. The white painted lines have been enhanced with a line of white stitching. I have cut the image from it's original background of white fabric and placed it on the background fabric I am intending to use.