Friday 15 January 2010

Standing Alone is finished!


On staring at the piece Standing alone hanging on the wall yesterday, I felt that something was missing, I stared at it and this is what I did (see photo ). So for those who thought I had completed it, I had not. I wonder if Dave will still like it, he hasn't seen it yet.

I think that the design works better, there is more movement within the piece created by the addition of gold organza disc shapes. These were done with a soldering tool and attached with a tiny bead. They link the circle on the chin, the stitched and printed circles with the sequins to create a more cohesive result. I need a better camera but that will mean having to figure out how it works, oh well. I am still figuring out the sat nav Dave got me for my after Christmas present. I am off sketching now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Better still!

15 January 2010 at 15:27  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home