For the past few days I have been working on another quilt. This quilt started because I had some wonderful dyed fabric which I liked, the pieces were a bit too small for anything
so I stitched them together, they were longer than wide and this resulted in wider fabric with a seam down the middle. This central seam looked a bit odd so my plan was to do more piecing. Instead I found a sketch which I had done previously and made a stencil of it. I placed it centrally onto the fabric and removed some of the colour with a decolourant. The effect worked, I liked it and thought that I could make it into a quilt if only the seam down the middle was not there. I kept working on it painting circles and organic shapes in the background around the figures to develop and enhance the design. I liked the warm subtle colours which were a result of the dyeing and discharging process and chose paints which complimented them.
At this point I thought that maybe with some quilting the middle seam would disappear and not be obvious. I finished the quilting this morning. I think that I will do a bit more on it possibly more painting.