Monday 15 July 2013

Time passes and healing begins.

For too many  times in the last four months have I sat at the computer written a blog post and then decided not to publish it. I have not been actively following other blogs either. Why? Of the many reasons the one that comes to mind more readily is that maybe it was a necessary process for me to clear my mind- almost a detoxification of sorts. I am now ready to start again with fresh inspiration. All of the work which I have done recently with schools, exhibitions visited and general everyday living has played a role in my period of reflection. I believe that like many people who fast for religious and spiritual reasons which help them to be better able to appreciate all that they have: I have with my "fasting from the Internet" a better appreciation of it and a greater desire to be a part of all that happens within it.
I have had a birthday an anniversary and some events which I would rather not have experienced but I am still here ready to continue; To be, to give and to share all that I can with the world.


A mini quilt created in March inspired by Maya Angelou quote "You make me proud to spell my name WOMAN"

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your quilt Sandra...such vibrant colours. So nice to see you the other week even if it was only for a few minutes
Lucyx

15 July 2013 at 20:39  
Blogger Gina said...

Bee thinking of you often Sandra. Hope to see you soon. x

17 July 2013 at 09:00  
Blogger Sandra Scott Textile Artist said...

Thanks Gina, we must. It has been too long.

21 July 2013 at 19:31  
Blogger Sandra Scott Textile Artist said...

Thanks Lucy we must meet up soon. Thank you for your kind comment.

21 July 2013 at 19:32  
Blogger Renee said...

Welcome back. I think we all need this at one point or another. Just glad you decided to come back and join us :-)...

Love both the mini piece and the quote!

22 July 2013 at 17:42  
Blogger Sandra Scott Textile Artist said...

Hi Renee, How kind of you to say this, I am touched by your comment. Thank you so much.
Sandra.

25 July 2013 at 14:27  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home