Thursday 24 April 2014

Portrait of a young woman

This is the second video which I have posted on my blog and the process  was done in my sketch pad (A3) using water soluble colours.

 

This video shows how my idea develops from a simple outlined drawing inspired by colours I liked  from another image, This is the first stage of a process which resulted  in a small quilt. I have divided the film into two parts, the fist bit is done on paper and then the same image is transferred to fabric. The final quilt will show elements which are inspired by Klimt and Ghanaian symbols.

Look out for Part 2 when I transfer the image to fabric, develop the design and quilt it.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ricki said...

It is so interesting to see how you work! What a lovely image - I can't wait to see the next one!

6 May 2014 at 14:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home